Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Just a little update

Well it hasnt been that long since I posted but ts seems we have been crazy busy. I know spring is here because it always seems like life gets busier when it gets warmer.
The day after I got my camera, I was the second shooter at a family friends wedding. It was so much fun though i felt so inadequate being that I had had my camera for less than 24 hrs. I welcomed the oppurtunity though and it was great to spend the evening with my parents kid free! That never happens. And youll just have to trust me when I say the bride was G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S because we dont have the correct card reader for my new camera so no pictures today sorry. Then the week following was just all the normal house wife, stay at home mommy stuff that would keep anyone busy. And then this last saturday we all went to another wedding for one of Bobbys co-workers. I didnt take my camera to this wedding. My camera is so monstrous now that its not something you can haul around and pretend to just be taking snap shots, and there was a possibility that I would end up left there with both kids and no hubby (bobby was still on duty) and the possibility happened. He missed the wedding but made it back for the reception. So I wasnt about to haul ll three around. Then later that afternoon Jarrin had been invited to a birthday party for one of his little girl friends. He hadnt had nap yet because the wedding was right during nap time but fell asleep on the way home from the church so he missed the Birthday cake presents and basically everything else but wanted to go over anyways after he woke up so he stayed for awhile and had a great time. Thanks Sandy and Isabelle. then we had an impromptu dinner with our good friends and nieghbors across the street. We had Tri tip to share And she had made some really good tortellini soup and homemade bread so we combinded it all and had a last minute dinner together. I wasnt so sure when we started building in this nieghborhood if I would like having nieghbors so close. But it has been so fun to have nieghbors that close. Our boys are only four months apart and get along so well and there have been many times we are both fixing dinner and are lacking an item to complete dinner and we can borrow it from eachother.
Sunday was a lazy day. I wasnt feeling well and so we all just stayed home for the day except that bobby had to go to work at two. Bobby had monday off so he went golfing with his his dad and brother and then met us later for lunch and then we took the boys to the park for awhile. Mason loved the slide and Jarrin loved playing catch with his dad. I think we will be spending many more days off there.
Yesterday was a crazy day. It started off by me trying to get the car cleaned up so we could sell it. (we have upgraded to a truck. More on that later.) i got it all vacumed out and was headed to get some soloution at bobbys moms house to get the sippy cup stains out. I had only been there two minutes when bobby pulls into hr drive way. i knew something was wrong because Mason was asleep when I left and he would have just called if he needed something so my heart skipped a beat. Jarrin had been playing at the nieghbors and they were playing in her car. She came outside and asked them to get out of the car. As Jarrin was getting out, he shut his finger in the door. She immediatly brought him to Bobby. She offered to keep an eye on Mason so that he could bring him to me. He thought that Jarrin had broken it. His poor little finger looked horrible when I saw it. Bobby said it looked ten times worse just minutes before. It was smashed flat to the bone when Bobby first saw it. He was able to bend it but I was afraid that it was still broken so we took him to the doctor just to be sure. It wasnt!!! I am not a queasy person, but when i saw his finger I started to get sick to my stomach. Jarrin has never been hurt worse than that. It made me hurt to know that he was hurting. Today it looks so much better. If you didnt know he had smashed it yesterday his finger wouldnt look any different to you. Well after that whole ordeal I still had some cleaning on the car to do and a dinner party to get ready for. The dinner went well and we had a great relaxing night after a hectic afternoon.
So lets hope that today is a much calmer and relaxing day with no incidents.

4 comments:

DeWitts said...

You are one busy girl. Poor jarrin! I know just how you feel, coop smashed his finger in my moms front door and we thought it was broken it looked that bad but it wasn't. I hope he starts feeling better soon. We still need to get the boys together at the park.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've been busy! I know what it's like to get that feeling in the pit of your stomach when something happens to your child. Haylee got 4 of her fingers smashed in the trunk of a car once! It was so scary, but like Jarrin, nothing was broken.

jilliann said...

poor little man, I'm glad it wasn't broken! That is so exciting that you were able to shoot that wedding! I know what you mean about the big camera because Devon has the same one and it's pretty massive. I have the d40x and I always joke that it's the girly version of his camera, because it's A LOT smaller, hehe. I can't wait to see what you can do with it ;)

court said...

hey you! glad you found me! now i know where you are! we need to get together one of these wonderful spring days and go to the park!poor kid, i am glad it wasn't broken! and i am so jealous of your camera, it's on my wish list...