Thursday, October 2, 2008

Lake Powell

Ok well I havent posted in awhile so i am goging to do several posts to catch up. the middle of last month, our family went to Lake Powell with my parents and some friends for five days. It was nice to get away for awhile and enjoy life. We rented a house boat and a speed boat and our friends brought another speed boat. There was alot of skiing going on and some tube riding. In fact one of the last days we were there some of the group had to go home a day early. we were all sitting around eating breakfast when my dad bet olivia lewis, (who is a great skiier for those of you who dont know her) that she couldnt ski from the camp site to the dock. the other guys got in on the bet which started out as a joke at first. Well Olivia is very athletic and she made it back to the dock. A total of about 16 miles. they told her she was aloud to wreck twice but she didnt even wreck once. What a TROOPER! You are amazing Olivia. Well we had alot of fun and cant wait to go back next year. thanks for making it fun all of you who were there and those of you that couldnt be there we really missed you and hope you will come next year. Sorry for the overload of pictures=) Q ball as Jarrin calls him was so good to Jarrin and loved holding Mason
Bobby had the biggest purple welt on his stomach after going off the slide like this.

Jarrin finding one of many sea shells


My handsome little boy slathered in sun screen enjoying the water



My dads awesome beach attire
My dad with his long skinny white legs skiing. And you all thought he was just a cowboy.

Daddy's little flag boy

Bobby skiing like a pro. He had never been and He got up right away
No surprises there

Dan on the knee board

My dad and kent in the tube. They were sceaming like a bunch of little girls. They were catching some good air too. Don't have a picture for this story but Bobby took my mom and dad out in the tube, he was driving the boat. He started crossing back over thier wake and he said the tube flew in the air about five feet and my mom flew in the air another three feet above that and landed back in the tube. when he got back i asked how it was and he said i almost killed your mom. He was a little shook up. she thought it was fun and wanted to go again. wish I had been there with the camera.
Bobby caught the biggest fish there. lol No he really did have a pretty big fish. he hollared at me and as i jumped up camera in hand to get the pic the dang fish came off the hook fell onto the back of the house boat and jumped back into the water. I was so bummed. It was a pretty big fish. True story. We have witnesses. ( sorry i am to lazy to flip the pic)
Jarrin had fun playing with the sparklers. He even got a little brave and started doing circles with it.
Fireworks were frowned upon but our good friend Dan, whose last name shall remain anonymous provided us with a fireworks show! Thanks for sharing with us .
Jarrin enjoying the good life on the boat ride back in to the dock.

The nasty carp fish eating our left over pringles. They were at the dock where we were re-fueling the boat. I swear these fish would eat anything.

5 comments:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

Looks like a lot of fun. We need to take a trip to powell sometime.

Evvie Turley said...

Yae you got the pictures on! I haven't even started a blog about Powell yet. Soon I hope! We had a ball with you guys and are so glad we got to go. It was F-U-N and we'll do it again!!

jilliann said...

looks like you had a great time, but where are all the pictures of you?!?
I haven't seen you in such a long time and it would be great to see you again. I thought about having a shower in AZ. a couple people have asked me now, it's just that I don't have family there anymore so I don't know how I would pull it off. We'll see. Where we are living now is only like a 4 hour trip to Snowflake, so it's not bad.

Davis Gang said...

I was wondering when you were going to update your blog and put your Lake Powell pictures on there. Looks like you guys had fun.

Amber & Glenn Lovelace said...

Oh Im so jealous! I didnt know you guys liked powell or that you even went there much? Its heaven on earth huh? Sounds like you had a blast. You do need to post some pics of you. I would love to see your pretty face :)