Friday, November 21, 2008

Yummy Oreo Truffles!!

I found a really yummy recipe for oreo truffles on Bakerellas blog and just had to try them. Bobby had a work party this week and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity. Let me tell you they are to die for. So yummy!! And so easy too. I decided to use mint oreos instead of plain ones and I think it was a good choice. So all you do is smash 22 cookies out of your package with the middle and all. Smash another 10 without the middle. Add an 8 oz package of cream cheese. Mix well. Roll into balls (they are yummy just like that) I would suggest freezing them for at least twenty mins so they dont fall apart in the next step. Then I dipped them in melted white chocolate. Let them dry and then I melted some milk chocolate, put in the corner of a ziploc back, cut the tip and added to the top for looks and taste.(you can never have enough chocolate:) Bobby is not really a chocolate fan but I kept catching him out of the corner of my eye stealing them off the platter. Oh and after you are done you can refrigerate or freeze them. If theres any left. and if you have any cookies left they make for a great photo shoot!!:) ENJOY!!





















































14 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh My Gosh Becca I Am Speachless!!!
and yes they are so so so GOOD!

Hallie said...

I'm going to have to make these, yum! And Mason is quite the little advertisement for how yummy they must be!

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

WOW!!! Those loook amazing. I will for sure put those on my list of "things to try." Mason looks liked he LOVES oreos. What a mess.

Sandy Ballard said...

I thought that I love oreos, but it looks like Mason may love them more then I do. Get recipe I will have to try that out.

Davis Gang said...

I love those oreos. I make them at our house and our whole family loves them. Mason looks like he was rolling in the mud. Glad it's you cleaning up and not me. Have fun with that. Good job on the baking.

Stephanie said...

Oh my messiness! I bet he had fun eating one! Sounds really good. I'll have to try it soon!

Kaylee said...

Oh my, I am glad I am not cleaning that one up lol. Looks tasty!

jilliann said...

these look so incredibly yummy, I can not wait to try them! I wish I could enjoy oreos like Mason did, but I have to be a little more clean about it ;) hehe.

Bekah: said...

thanks for stopping by and saying Hi! Your boys are cute, cute. Oh my what a mess. I bet he was in heaven. Pure, messy, sticky, choclatey, oreo heaven. That's my kinda kid...

jilliann said...

it is such a shock, and just unbelievable circumstances. I guess he was playing basketball and had a heart attack, he's only 23! how crazy is that?

The Hall Family said...

Those oreo truffles are my specialty. I LOVE them and make them all the time. It is my job at family get togethers to bring them. I love to make them because they look like they are hard to make but are really easy!! I love the pics of Mason and how messy he is.

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

Hey Becca, Did you get my email ? I am not sure if it went through ? -Kiara

Wood Family said...

Hey becca those oreo things look so good, I am going to have to try them out looks like your little one really enjoyed them!! Devin is suppose to work that weekend but with the holiday and all the shift trades he may be getting it off! So keep us posted on when you decide to do it for sure, and I will let yoy know if he gets it off! Sounds like fun though!

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

Ok, i emailed you again, hopefully it went through this time... if you dont get it let me know.